Ground Beef Casserole Recipes
Ground beef casserole recipes are so easy to make! This one is low in saturated fat and loaded with nutrients, as well as being delicious. My husband and children love this one and I am sure your whole family will love it too.
Kids Favorite Ground Beef Casserole Recipe
This is such a versatile recipe that embraces the power of subterfuge. “Hiding” the vegetables in this delicious casserole means that your children get all their benefits without even realising they’re eating veggies. You can go wild with this recipe and add all sorts of different vegetables – I’ve made this with green beans, whole kernel corn, carrots, celery…the list is endless, so feel free to use whatever you have available in your fridge or freezer.
- 500g lean ground beef (lean beef mince)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g lean bacon, chopped (optional)
- 250g mushrooms of your choice, chopped
- 1 red or yellow pepper, chopped
- 1t dried mixed herbs
- 2t sugar or 1t fructose
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2t beef stock powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Steam-fry the onions and garlic (see cook’s notes) till soft, then add the ground beef and bacon (if you’re using bacon) and cook for a minute or two, then add the mushrooms. Cook till the mince has browned.
2. Add the tomatoes, red or yellow pepper, mixed herbs, sugar and beef stock and cook for a further 15 minutes or until everything is cooked through.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve with rice, mashed potatoes or noodles and steamed vegetables.
- Steam-frying is a much healthier way of cooking as it uses less oil and prevents burning – simply add a bit of water to the pan and put the lid on until the onions are soft.
- I like to use beef stock powder because I find it really gives the casserole a lovely meaty flavour, but feel free to leave it out.
Care to Share?
If you have some tasty and healthy ground beef casserole recipes or any other recipes for ground beef you would like to share on this website, please click on this care to share?
link to submit your recipe. I am always so thrilled to receive new and exciting healthy recipes.
Please note that all your details will remain completely confidential. I will contact you personally in order to receive your permission to use your recipe on this website.
Thanks for your support!
Return from Ground Beef Casserole Recipes to Best Ground Beef Recipes for more great dinner ideas!
Return from Ground Beef Casserole Recipes to Healthy Family Eating homepage for more healthy eating tips.