Pumpkin Soup Recipe
This is a really quick and easy pumpkin soup recipe that only takes a few minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to cook.
I’ve used sweet potato, carrots and celery to compliment the flavour of the pumpkin and to add to the nutrient value of this gorgeous soup. My whole family loves this soup and I am sure that yours will too!
Pumpkins are really healthy, so it’s great to have lots of delicious pumpkin recipes that are quick and easy to make. This pumpkin soup is one of those soup recipes that I am sure you will use time and time again. Let us take a look at what makes pumpkins so healthy.
The following is a list of nutrients that are found in abundance in pumpkins:
- Beta carotene – a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory which helps prevent cholesterol building up on arterial walls, reducing the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Alpha carotene – which helps to prevent cataract formation and slows down aging.
- Fiber – essential for a healthy colon and digestive system.
- Zinc – improves bone density and boosts the immune system. Zinc is also crucial for reproductive health.
- Potassium – helps to guard against high blood pressure.
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1kg pumpkin, sliced
- 1 potato (about 200g), diced
- 1 small sweet potato (about 200g), diced
- 2 carrots (about 200g), sliced into rings
- 3 celery sticks, sliced
- 1 litre (4c) beef or vegetable stock – or a combination of both
- 3/4 litre (3c) water
1. Chop all the vegetables and put them into a large pot.
2. Add the stock and bring to the boil.
3. Simmer gently for 30 – 45 minutes or until the vegetables are all soft. The cooking time will depend on how thickly the vegetables have been cut.
4. Liquidize the soup until smooth.
You can serve this soup with a swirl of cream or for a healthier option, use natural yoghurt.
Would You Like To Be Part Of
Why not become part of thie Healthy Eating Website! All you do is tell your foodie story or share your favourite recipe here!
Your story becomes a whole page on this site and part of the healthy eating blog (which shows the site's most recent pages). So become a permanent part of Healthy-Family-Eating.com so others can read, learn and grow from your input! And I'll tweet your Web page at my Twitter account, too!
Come on... join in and have some fun!
Return from Pumpkin Soup Recipe to Healthy Soup Recipes
Return from Pumpkin Soup Recipe to Healthy Family Eating Home Page