Beef and Noodle Casserole
This easy, delicious beef and noodle casserole recipe is sure to please the whole family!
This is one of our simple ground beef recipes that your whole family will love. This recipe comes from my husband’s mom, Sue who loves to make this when she has lots of mouths to feed.
Mom's Beef With Noodles Casserole Recipe
Serves 6 to 8
- 250g whole wheat noodles
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g lean ground beef (lean beef mince)
- 250g lean bacon, chopped
- 1t dried mixed herbs
- 2t sugar
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 375ml milk
- 1T butter
- 1T cornflour
- 1 cup low-fat grated cheddar cheese
- Fry the onion & garlic and add the bacon then the ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Add the canned tomato, sugar and mixed herbs and cook for a while till done.
- Make the cheese sauce: heat the milk with butter and when that comes to the boil, stir in the cornflour and bring back to the boil until it thickens. Add the grated cheese, reserving some for the top if desired.
- In a large casserole dish, mix the meat mixture, corn and cheese sauce together.
- Heat it through in a 350 degree F. oven before serving.
To return from the Beef and Noodle Casserole page to the Best Ground Beef Recipes page with many more delicious recipes, click here.
For more great healthy eating tips return to our Healthy-Family-Eating.com homepage.