Creamy Mushroom Soup Recipe
This creamy mushroom soup recipe is a truly delicious healthy soup recipe that is so quick and easy to make. It is incredibly nutritious too. If you love mushrooms, you will really love this soup!This particular mushroom soup recipe is my dad’s favourite soup of all. This healthy soup is wonderfully smooth and incredibly tasty too.
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 3 or 4 leeks, sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, halved and thinly sliced (cooks faster that way)
- 2T Fresh parsley (or 1t dried if you don’t have fresh)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 750ml (3c) chicken stock
- 500ml (2c) water
- Olive oil
- 60ml (¼ c) cream – just enough to give the soup good colour and taste
1. Wash and slice the mushrooms, leeks and potatoes.
2. Put them a pot with the olive oil and sauté till the veggies have softened slightly.
3. Add the chicken stock cube and about 1 – 1½ litres water (I use boiling water because it goes faster)
4. Boil for about 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
5. Add parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Liquidize the soup and then add the cream.
I hope you enjoy this healthy soup recipe. I know I love it! If you have a soup recipe you’d like to share with me, please feel free to
Return from Creamy Mushroom Soup Recipe to Healthy Soup Recipes
Return from this page to Healthy Family Eating Home Page