Nats’ Yummy Recipe for Vegetable Soup
This recipe for vegetable soup was created by my youngest sister Natalie. She gave me the recipe and absolutely loves this healthy soup.
This is one of those wonderful healthy soup recipes that are so quick and easy to make – just toss everything into the pot and boil! It is oozing so many different vitamins and minerals because it uses such a large variety of healthy vegetables.
Nats' Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 turnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large potato chopped
- 1/2 butternut squash, chopped and peeled
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- A handful of celery leaves and stalks, chopped
- A handful parsley roughly chopped
- 2 handfuls of cauliflower florets chopped (trust me…secret ingredient!)
- 2 handfuls of broccoli stems and florets (trust me again!)
- 1 litre (4c) chicken or vegetable stock - I like to use a combination of both.
- 1 litre (4c) water
1. Put all the chopped up veggies into the pot and add the chicken or vegetable stock and water.
2. Bring it to the boil and then turn down the heat and simmer until all the veggies are soft.
3. When it is cooked you can liquidize it until smooth or if you prefer a more rustic looking soup, mash it with a potato masher until it is just like you want it.
4. This soup will last for 3 days in the refrigerator and freezes very well.
I do hope you enjoy making this recipe for vegetable soup as much as I do and if you have some healthy soup recipes you'd like to share, why not share it right here. Read all about it below:
Would You Like To Be Part Of
Why not become part of thie Healthy Eating Website! All you do is tell your foodie story or share your favourite recipe here!
Your story becomes a whole page on this site and part of the healthy eating blog (which shows the site's most recent pages). So become a permanent part of Healthy-Family-Eating.com so others can read, learn and grow from your input! And I'll tweet your Web page at my Twitter account, too!
Come on... join in and have some fun!
Return from Recipe for Vegetable Soup to Homemade Soup Recipes
Return from this page to Healthy Family Eating Home Page