Healthy Salmon Patties Recipe
Canned Salmon Recipes The Whole Family Will Love
This healthy salmon patties recipe makes for the whole family will love!
Canned salmon recipes are great for quick, healthy dinners without having to hit the grocery store for fresh salmon!
Your kids are much more likely to eat this healthy dinner if you can get them involved in forming the mixture into cakes. Many studies show that when kids help prepare their meals they eat better.
That also gives you the opportunity to talk with them about why salmon is so healthy and good for them. This can make a big difference in helping them learn healthy eating habits they can carry with them for their whole life!
Salmon Patties Recipe
• 1 can (425g) salmon
• 1 can barlotti beans or beans of your choice
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
• 1 egg or equivalent egg whites
• 2T (30ml) chopped fresh parsley
• 3t (15ml) wholegrain mustard or any mustard of your choice
• 2t (10ml) lemon juice
• 5t (25ml) olive oil or grapeseed oil
1. Remove the bones from the canned salmon and flake the meat finely. Add to a mixing bowl.
2. Rinse and drain the beans and mash them. Add to the mixing bowl.
3. Heat 2t (10ml) of the oil in a pan, add the onions and celery and saute until softened, then add to the bowl.
4. Add the remaining ingredients except the oil and mix until well combined.
5. Shape into about 16 salmon patties – less if you'd like bigger patties.
6. Heat the remaining oil in a pan over medium heat and saute until golden and cooked through, turning once. If the outside is getting too crisp, cover with a lid to avoid buring.
Make a Healthy, Well Rounded Meal
Don't forget to add a couple of healthy sides to round out your healthy salmon recipes. I love to serve this one with a stawberry spinich salad and whole wheat buns.
Check out more great salmon recipes!
Leaving our Canned Salmon Recipes page? Check out more Easy Fast Dinner Recipes Here!
Leave our Salmon Patties Recipe Page and go to our Healthy Eating homepage to check out more easy healthy recipes.