Simple Chicken Recipes
Simple chicken recipes are a staple in any busy parents kitchen!
Check out our whole collection of quick, easy chicken recipes here.
Italian chicken is a kid favorite that's sure to please - it's quick to make and makes for a healthy dinner too! I like to hide pureed vegetables in my spaghetti sauce!
I premake large batches of healthy spaghetti sauce and keep it in the freezer - it makes it as easy to use as opening a jar and no preservatives!
Mama's Italian Chicken
Prep and Cook Time:
- 4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup low-fat grated mozzarella cheese (don't use non-fat as it doesn't melt very well)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt, pepper, garlic
- Grease large casserole dish.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Place flat in casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes turning once.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through and cheese has melted. (about 15 more minutes)
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Click here to leave the Simple Chicken Recipes page and see more Quick Easy Chicken Recipes
Click here to return to the Healthy Eating homepage for more great healthy eating tips.