Cream of Zucchini Soup
At first glance you wouldn’t think this zucchini soup recipe could be good, but I assure you it really is! Zucchini is also known as courgette or baby marrow.
Soup recipes like this are great because they are so quick and easy. It's just a matter of tossing all the chopped veggies into a pot, adding the stock and cccoking for about 20 minutes until all the veggies are soft.
Cream of Zucchini (Courgette) Soup Recipe
- 350g zucchini (courgette/baby marrow), sliced
- 4 leeks, sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, halved and thinly sliced (cooks faster that way)
- 3T Fresh parsley (or 2t dried parsley if you don’t have fresh)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 750ml (3c) chicken stock
- 500ml (2c) water
- Olive oil
- 60ml (¼c) cream – just enough to give the soup good colour and taste
1. Wash and slice all the veggies.
2. Put the veggies a pot with the olive oil and sauté for a little while.
3. Add the chicken stock cube and about 1 – 1½ litres water (I use boiling water because it goes faster)
4. Boil for about 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
5. Add parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Liquidize the soup and then add the cream.
- You could use onions or shallots instead of leeks.
- The potatoes take the longest to cook, so if you slice them thinly they cook quicker which cuts down on the time the soup takes to cook.
- I use boiling water to make the stock (I use stock powders as its quicker and easier) which also cuts down on the cooking time of the soup.
- I really recommend the addition of fresh parsley as it really rounds off the taste beautifully.
- You could leave out the cream for an even healthier soup.
Serve up and enjoy!
Return from Cream of Zucchini Soup to Healthy Soup Recipes
Return from Cream of Zucchini Soup to Healthy Family Eating Home Page