How To Grill Salmon
Learning how to grill salmon is easy! The best grilled salmon recipes are simple and rather foolproof as long as you don't overcook the salmon.
There are many ways to cook salmon but one of my favorites is grilled salmon - it makes for an easy fast dinner recipe that's healthy and provides a good dose of omega 3 essential fatty acids.
My baked salmon fillet recipe and my salmon fish cake recipe are two other great ways to incorporate those essential omega 3's into your diet.
Best Grilled Salmon Recipe
- 4 salmon fillets, salmon steaks, or a whole salmon
- 1 lemon or 3 tbsp of lemon juice
- optional marinade such as our teriyaki sauce or soy sauce and garlic
- Remove your salmon from the refrigerator, pat dry and allow it to reach room temperature. Marinate for 15 minutes to one hour during this time if desired or add pepper and lemon juice over the flesh.
- Preheat your grill to a medium heat.
- Place the salmon in greased tin foil.
- Put your salmon on your preheated grill and cook until the flesh in the thickest part looks opaque and just flakes turning half way. It is very important not to over-cook the salmon or it will become mushy.
- Salmon fillets and steaks will be done in 4-6 minutes per 1/2 inch of thickness and a whole salmon in 20-25 minutes per pound - making for a easy quick dinner!
Share Your Best Grilled Salmon Recipe Here!
Have a best grilled salmon recipe you'd like to share? A favorite salmon marinade? Or have you tried my grilled salmon recipe and have tips to share with other readers?
Please share your ideas here!
Do you have a favourite healthy recipe or two or a great story about food? Share it!
Leave How to Grill Salmon and check out more Easy Fast Dinner Recipes.
Check out more great salmon recipes!
Return from How to Grill Salmon to the Healthy Family Eating Home Page